Utahraptor is larger than even the largest Hollywood raptors! This giant dromaeosaurid theropod dinosaur, at over 20' long and 1,000 lbs, was the absolute apex predator of the Early Cretaceous of North America.
Neither of these specific Utahraptor claws has ever been cast before! And, this is the first and only Utahraptor hand claw cast available to date making, this another Fossil Crates exclusive.
In fact, Utahraptor hand claws have not even been included on mounts of Utahraptor. Instead, Utahraptor foot claws have been erroneously used in place of hand claws on mounts in museums.
The actual Utahraptor hand claw is strongly recurved, suggesting it was used to rend and tear flesh. In life it would have been covered in a keratinous sheath, making it even longer, and sharper!
This specialized "killing claw" was the 2nd toe claw and was kept off the ground so as to be perpetually sharp. Covered in a keratinous sheath making it even larger and sharper, this claw could cut open the most stubborn of foes with one swift kick from the powerful predator's massive legs!
- Utahraptor "killing claw" toe claw cast! 6" long and 8" around the curve!
- Exclusive Utahraptor hand claw cast
- Exclusive artwork by award-winning and up-and-coming paleoartists perfect for framing and display
- Up-to-date, fascinating facts on this beloved dinosaur from actual dinosaur paleontologists
- Certificates of Authenticity
- Fossil Crates Membership Certificate
- Free Shipping on Standard and Wooden Crates
Each hand-painted cast was made from molds from the original fossils.
Choose to have your spectacular specimen shipped in the Standard or Wooden Crate!