Own a cast of a spectacular Late Cretaceous egg! ~6" long, this elongated egg is unhatched and likely belonged to a kind of oviraptorid dinosaur. This egg is a cast from one excavated in Mongolia.
The claw is a cast of Anzu, the largest North American oviraptorid dinosaur. Though we haven't, yet, found its eggs we know its closest cousins, the Mongolian oviraptorids, brooded on their nests like birds today. Using a principle called phylogenetic bracketing we can confidently conclude Anzu did the same. This hand claw would have been covered in a long fingernail. What it did with its claw is unknown as Anzu lacked teeth but had powerful hands and sharp claws.
The Ovriraptorid egg and Anzu hand claw crate comes with:
- A giant (~8") oviraptorid egg cast
Anzu gigantic hand claw cast ~4" long
- Exclusive artwork from award-winning paleoartists excellent for framing
- Up-to-date, fascinating facts on this fascinating dinosaur
- Certificates of Authenticity
- Fossil Crates Membership Certificate
- Free Freight on Standard and Wooden Crates
- Unique unboxing experience
Each hand-painted cast was made from molds from the original fossils.
Choose to have your specimens shipped in the Standard or Wooden Crate!