Allosaurus fragilis, the "fragile different lizard" was so named because the paleontologist that named it thought its hollowed-out backbones, something he hadn't seen before, made the animal weak. He couldn't have been further from the truth! Allosaurus is a spectacular Jurassic predator, averaging 28' long with some individuals reaching nearly 40' and weighing over 3 tons! Numerous Allosaurus fossils show evidence of bone infections and breaks, indicating the savage life they led.
The Allosaurus fragilis, Savage Jurassic Giant Crate provides casts of its hand claw, one of the most impressive weapons to adorn a dinosaur with a curvature over 8 1/2", a stout foot claw, and a tooth with the root still attached.
Each hand-painted cast was made from molds from the original fossils.
The Crate includes:
- 8 1/2" hand claw cast
- 3 1/2" foot claw cast
- 4" rooted tooth cast
- Exclusive artwork by award-winning and up-and-coming paleoartists perfect for framing and display
- Up-to-date, fascinating facts on this savage Jurassic giant
- Certificates of Authenticity
- Fossil Crates Membership Certificate
- Free Freight on Standard and Wooden Crates
Choose to have your specimens shipped in the Standard or Wooden Crate!