The Allosaurus Crate includes casts of its hand claw, one of the most impressive weapons to adorn a dinosaur with a curvature over 8 1/2", a stout foot claw, and a tooth with the root still attached.
Allosaurus fragilis, the "fragile different lizard" was so named because the paleontologist that named it thought its hollowed-out backbones, something he hadn't seen before, made the animal weak. This savage Jurassic giant couldn't have been further from the descriptor of fragile! Allosaurus is a spectacular Jurassic predator, averaging 28' long with some individuals reaching nearly 40' and weighing over 3 tons! Numerous Allosaurus fossils show evidence of bone infections and breaks, indicating the savage life they led.
Each hand-painted cast was made from molds from the original fossils. The Crate includes:
- 8 1/2" hand claw cast
- 3 1/2" toe claw cast
- 4" rooted tooth cast
- Exclusive paleoart perfect for framing and display
- Up-to-date, fascinating facts on this savage Jurassic giant from actual dinosaur paleontologists
- Certificates of Authenticity
- Fossil Crates Membership Certificate
- Free Shpping on Standard and Wooden Crates
- Unique unboxing experience
Each hand-painted cast was made in the U.S. from molds from the original fossils.
Choose to have your specimens shipped in the Standard or Wooden Crate!