Torvosaurus tanneri, "Tanner's Savage Lizard," was arguably the largest Jurassic predator in North America, and is the largest known Jurassic predator in Europe. Some estimates place this theropod dinosaur as long as 40' long and up to 5 tons. So ferocious, Torvosaurus preyed upon some of the largest animals that ever lived, the sauropods!
This exclusive gorgeous rooted tooth cast is nearly 8" long and was made from the type material found in the fabled Dry Mesa Quarry and named in the original 1979 paper by Peter Galton and Jim Jensen. This magnificent specimen has never been offered for sale before, making this Torvosaurus tooth cast a particularly prized possession for any dinosaur fan.
Dr. Brian Curtice, dinosaur paleontologist, having some fun posing in the jaw of Torvosaurus for scale at the BYU Museum of Paleontology!
- Exclusive Torvosaurus massive (nearly 8") rooted tooth cast
- Exclusive artwork from award-winning paleoartists excellent for framing and display
- Up-to-date, fascinating facts on this King of the Jurassic dinosaurs from actual dinosaur paleontologists
- Certificates of Authenticity
- Fossil Crates Membership Certificate
Each hand-painted cast was made from molds from the original fossils.
Variation in the paint may result in your tooth looking lighter than the images.