Maiasaura, the "good mother lizard", are believed to have raised their young based on:
- Numerous nests were found in what appears to be a colony as each was roughly the distance of an adult Maiasaura apart
Eggshells within the nest were trampled suggesting the juveniles stayed in the nest for a long time
- Juvenile skeletons in the nest were larger than what would have been expected had they been left to fend for themselves
Own a cast of a juvenile Maiasaura ~2.5" toe claw! This blunt claw ended in a thick toe nail that may have resembled a hoof. It is slightly curved on its bottom surface which may have helped it accelerate faster, acting like a cleat.
The ~8" oviraptorid egg's layer is unknown. It is possible it was Oviraptor, or maybe Citipati, or another oviraptorosaurid. What we do know is it is absolutely amazing to behold.
The Maiasaura toe claw and oviraptorid egg crate comes with:
Maiasaura ~2.5" long toe claw
- A giant (~8") oviraptorid egg cast
- Exclusive artwork from award-winning paleoartists excellent for framing
- Up-to-date, fascinating facts on this fascinating dinosaur
- Certificates of Authenticity
- Fossil Crates Membership Certificate
- Free Freight on Standard and Wooden Crates
- Unique unboxing experience
Each hand-painted cast was made from molds from the original fossils.
Choose to have your specimens shipped in the Standard or Wooden Crate!